K-Lite Codec Pack 16.8.0 Mega/Full/Standard/Basic + Update 16.8.2
K-Lite Codec Pack is the most popular free pack of codecs, DirectShow filters and related tools. It is distinguished by the absence of conflicts between codecs, ease of installation and use.
Allows you to view and listen to all popular and a large number of rare video and audio formats.
Main advantages of K-Lite Codec Pack:
- Internal compatibility of components. The K-Lite distribution is always tested for compatibility by experts. When installing codecs yourself, it is easy to come to the situation of “Codec hell” (“Codec hell”), since many filters do not get along with each other. To resolve conflicts, you need to look for the cause of “evil” and use special utilities to remove one or another component.
- Good compatibility with Windows. In addition to the aforementioned lack of conflicts, the package can be easily removed completely from the system without leaving a trace. During installation, K-Lite checks for other codecs on the system and suggests their use during installation, among other options. Also, at the installation stage, a search is made for faulty codecs and it is proposed to fix them.
- Flexible setting. There are 5 variants of the package with different configurations available for download, 3 installation modes and profiles are also offered. For each multimedia format, you can choose the appropriate decoder from the available options, by default K-Lite selects the most optimal one. For Windows 7 and 8 users, a special Preferred Filter Tweaker for Windows 7 and 8 utility is provided to configure preferred codecs bypassing the OS.
- Regular updates. The user does not need to keep track of the update of each audio or video codec or other components: K-Lite always contains the latest versions.
Comparison of package versions:
- Basic contains all the main codecs for playing a media resource on a PC. This is the easiest and simplest package with which you will be able to watch / listen to music and movies using any player convenient for you. There are DirectShow audio/video decoding filters (LAV Audio and Video), DirectShow source and subtitle filters (LAV Splitter and VSFilter), the Codec Tweak Tool, and the Icaros ThumbnailProvider and Icaros PropertyHandler extensions.
- Standard also includes Media Player Classic HomeCinema, DVD MPEG-2 decoder (opens up more options when playing DVDs), MediaInfo Lite utility that displays detailed information about the media file.
- Full compared to the standard version, this includes madVR – a high-quality renderer, the GraphStudioNext diagnostic utility and additional DirectShow filters.
- Mega contains ACM and VFW codecs, DirectShow filters, additional utilities. During installation, a video player will be offered to choose from: Media Player Classic HomeCinema or Media Player Classic Regular.
Download K-Lite Codec Pack 16.8.0 Mega/Full/Standard/Basic: